Monday, August 31, 2015

Acceptance in Our Daily Lives

Today. If I could possibly sum up my day to you in just one word I would define it as marvelous. It was such a fantastic day here in Madison. I got to meet some more peers in my program and explore the city zoo. I have a big day for tomorrow with many errands to run, but I've been feeling the sudden urge to just blog and get my thoughts out there. I truly hope that the words I'm writing/have written will be a blessing to everyone who reads it. It's my goal to not only share my life with you all, but also to make an impact in other lives. Whether that be by you just simply reading what I have to say, then so be it.

Anyways, the topic for today is acceptance. Once again, I'm not exactly sure why I chose this one, but its just been on my heart. Everyone truly wants to be accepted by at least one person in their life. While here at college, my first weekend has been the constant cycle of everyone trying to find their home and some sort of "acceptance" with their new friends. College is cool because absolutely no one knows who you used to be, so you can finally come on a clean slate to start your life back over again. Personally, I think the best way to be accepted is to just be yourself. It may seem silly for me to say this, but you'd be surprised how many people I've ran into that seem to be in this situation. Being yourself should always be the number one priority, and eventually, your true friends will come too. I'm going to be completely honest and say that coming from a religious high school previously, its been different for me to just accept everyone. Just because you accept someone for who they are, doesn't mean you have to agree with it. There's a difference there folks. Accepting and agreeing. Also, this is a little off topic but I feel the need to touch on the fact that you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Just never forget that. We will all eventually impact someone's life during our time here on Earth, whether they accept us or not. The only lingering questions are, "who and when?" Well thats the thing...how about now? Start being the light in the darkness, accept others, and be that impact. Spread like wildfire and never stop believing in YOU.
         
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment