Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Is He Real?

My purpose for this blog is not to make only spiritual/religion based posts, but to share about my own personal life. However, today I'm feeling the sudden urge to talk about Jesus Christ. In particular, I have a question for all: Is Jesus real?

I have battled with this simple three worded sentence for a long time, and still to this day. Although, I just realized something different. What if this phrase is asking if 'Jesus is real to us in our own lives', rather than asking if He is/was physically real? Many of us go to church every Sunday (not going to lie, I haven't gone in forever), bible study groups, and pray to the Lord every night and day. Even though so many Christians do these daily routines (including myself), can we go on and grow spiritually without having Jesus be real to us? I think theres a point where we have to realize that Jesus is real in our own lives, and thats when we can allow Him into our daily routines and relationships. For myself, I know I'm in the process of finding Jesus and I'm not sure where I stand. However, I do know who He is, what He's done, and most of the main Bible stories. But He hasn't become real to me in my own life. I hear of Him in my peers' lives, but not in my own. I wait for Him to do something that will be something I can finally respond to by saying, "Jesus must be real because...(fill in the blank)." For a long time I have not been listening to what God has been telling me, and I've lost sight of Him. I'm not telling you that I've suddenly found my way tonight, because I'm still lost in the sea of life. However, I think tonight marks a time when God showed me that He wants to be a reality in my own life. Not someone I pull out of a box (only) in times of trouble, but someone who stands by my side every day, no matter what the circumstance. He's different from anyone in this world because He takes my hand...and never lets go. God is becoming REAL in my life, and I'm glad I could share it with the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment