Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Be You, and Only You.

BE YOU. I feel like this is a phrase that we all hear on a constant daily basis. However, I think it's something that all of us (particularly women) still struggle with. I know a lot of us also hear about how we're all beautiful (for believers: in Gods image) and that we don't need any of the societal ideas of "perfect" to destroy our beauty. But let me ask you this, what do you see when you look in the mirror?...

Do you see the beautiful creature handmade by a creator who designed every single inch and millimeter of your being? Or do you see all the things that could possibly be fixed, moved around, or hidden so that we can achieve the so called, "social norm" of covering our flaws? I'm not saying that wearing make-up is God-forbidden, because lets get real, I wear make-up everyday because I enjoy it. It's part of my daily routine. But I'm asking you all to think about why and what your covering up. For what reasons. Just remember that you're ALL beautiful, every single inch of your being has been perfectly made (Yes, even that stretch mark too). To all the single women out there, just know that your prince charming should love you for who you are, and you should NEVER have to change your body image for a partner. Just be the flawed self that you are because thats what makes you not only unique, but also a princess with beauty. You are beautiful, perfect, and wonderfully made. You are a Jewel. Value yourself ladies, and see the beauty bestowed in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment